Mazda 6 Forums banner

Selling Price for your 2014 Mazda 6

346K views 973 replies 269 participants last post by  CrazyBiker 
#1 ·
Hi all - new here and in love with the 2014 Mazda 6. I'm thinking of getting the Touring with Tech package, but full MSRP is just a tad too expensive for me. Unfortunately, all of the dealers around here are pushing for full MSRP. I refuse to pay that - just because others are dumb enough to line the dealer's pockets with extra cash doesn't mean I will. So it might be helpful for some of us if we post here how much we paid when we do get it, as well as posting quotes we get from dealers. I'll start:

State: NY
Model: Touring + Tech
Quote: $27,290
Dealer fees: Not sure

Hoping I can find a dealer that will go down to the 25.5-26 range. Tax is too high here for much more lol

#636 ·
Keep in mind that the tech package is a 2000.00 option. I think that's a good price you paid. I got my Touring without Tech for 25,200 OTD . I am pretty satisfied with the price I got. The national and local averages are definitely higher than what I paid. Check out truecar.com and that will give you an idea how you compare with the rest .

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#639 ·
Hi everyone. I'm currently stuck in negotiations with a dealer (socal) and other dealers seem unresponsive.

I was offered $21,541 for a Sport AT with an OTD price of $23,864. The price is honestly more than I was looking to pay but how does this deal look? Is it feasible to get it down another $500?

#640 · (Edited)
Where in SoCal are you? That seems high for a sport.

I got a good deal at South Bay Mazda - call them, and ask for : Jose Ramirez (tell him Dean sent you). Make sure you work out a "out the door" price, because they might try to add in various things like lojack etc.. But I think he'll give you the bottom price. Just tell him upfront what you can afford - no ifs/ands/or buts..

He does good deals. They look for volume sales.

EDIT: Right now on truecar.com I am seeing a price of: $20,516 for the Sport, manual: $22,053 for the Sport, automatic.

There is a military incentive of $500.
There is a pre mazda owner of $1000.

fyi.

#646 ·
Call me an ass, but I really don't understand how people expect an educated response to a deal without disclosing basic information such as state tax rate, tag, and title fees. It really does nobody one biit of good, because there's no way to compare apples-to-apples.

#653 · (Edited)
OK, this may not help too much, Im in central Florida . But here is my experience. Some dealers claim to charge no fee (on paper anyway) but then put additional mark-up on the vehicle itself . On one of my Mazda purchases the salesman wrote up the order by hand on the sales agreement form--- the financial person created a computer copy which increased the "additional fee from $395 to $695". I caught it and it was removed. So ,everything has to be scrutinized. There is almost no best deal all the time-- time of the month , inventory level, special manufacturer incentives that last only a few days--- you know. If you want the best price you have to put in the time. And buy when you know its a good deal for you. Oldvet

#655 ·
I didnt think you would come here. What I said there is no one dealer that has the best price all the time and go for the best overall deal--- this dealer fee thing in Florida can be anything, but if the price of the car is lower by the fee amount or lower then its a better deal---right? The fee amount is immaterial. The total price to buy the car is the important thing. good luck, Im done.

#661 ·
Hi All,

First time buyer here from Pittsburgh. Got quote from dealer for 2014 Mazda6 - Touring with Tech package - Meteor Gray.

MSRP: 27540

Invoice : 25882
Tax : 1811
Title+plates : 199

Total OTD: $27,892

Do you guys think this is a good price or there is room for more bargain. Please let me know.

Thanks!

Vinny

#662 ·
Hi All,

First time buyer here from Pittsburgh. Got quote from dealer for 2014 Mazda6 - Touring with Tech package - Meteor Gray.

MSRP: 27540

Invoice : 25882
Tax : 1811
Title+plates : 199

Total OTD: $27,892

Do you guys think this is a good price or there is room for more bargain. Please let me know.

Thanks!

Vinny
Comes down to supply and demand, trade in etc... I think if you get the car for invoice or below that is a very awesome deal. Not sure if your trading in, financeing, lease, ready to take delivery.... these will all factor into your results. If your ready to buy - take delivery today, then you have the power! There is always room.... if the car is on the lot and your ready to take delivery... Offer a few hundred off that price and be ready to walk out - if they are serious and want to get rid of the car.. it will be yours. Good Luck!

#664 ·
@VWGTI123 Thanks!

I am not trading in. Financing half of OTD(around $14000). Did you mean it is a good deal if I get the car OTD for around invoice or MSRP?
Use TrueCar.com to see what others have paid.. again depends on supply and demand for your region - and if they have the car on the lot - if so, you have the neg power.. to put simple, you can say I will take the car today for ?????? But you need to know a realistic number first to be able to say/offer that. You can't let emotions get involved (hardest part) cause you want the car. But your in a great position IMO - as there is no trade in... so it just comes down to price and pulling the trigger.

Best thing you can do IMO, know the exact car you want... search inventory on the MazdaUSA site and find the car you want.. and then work the phones and negotiate, stating I will take the car for this!!! If they say no.... find the same car at another dealer.. and then just find the best deal. You may have to travel some.. but if that is worth the money is up to you. Good Luck! And yes.. IMO getting the car for invoice or under is a good deal. Anytime you can get a car at invoice you have done well. Again... IMO!!!!

#665 ·
So I visited a dealer today in the bay area (north california). I negotiated the following price: $29,000 + TTL for Soul Red GT with MRCC+FOW.

This is $2690 below MSRP ($31,690). The dealer has the car in stock so I think I can do better than that. What do you guys think?

PS: I don't qualify for loyalty discount or any other incentives.

#669 · (Edited)
Hi all, new to the Mazda6Club but not new to Mazda as I just traded in my '07 MZ3 Hatch for a 2014 Mazda6 Grand Touring in White Pearl Mica.

Model: 2014 Mazda6 GT - White
MSRP: $30,610
Options: white pearl mica paint charge, stainless steel bumper guard (was already on car though I didn't want this..)

Got the car for $28,700, plus the $1,000 Mazda loyalty which brought it down to $27,700 + tax (6% in PA) & tags. We also went w/ the 0.9% APR financing.

Also of note - I traded in my '07 Mazda 3 hatch as part of the sale and got a fair trade on it based on KBB and Black Book values. All in all we felt that we held our own and did decent negotiating, though it was a 3 hour process from the time we walked in and the time we walked out (and this was our 3rd time at the dealer looking at the 6)

#670 ·
Hi all, new to the Mazda6Club but not new to Mazda as I just traded in my '07 MZ3 Hatch for a 2014 Mazda6 Grand Touring in White Pearl Mica.

Model: 2014 Mazda6 GT - White
MSRP: $30,610
Options: white pearl mica paint charge, stainless steel bumper guard (was already on car though I didn't want this..)

Got the car for $28,700, plus the $1,000 Mazda loyalty which brought it down to $27,700 + tax (6% in PA) & tags. We also went w/ the 0.9% APR financing.

Also of note - I traded in my '07 Mazda 3 hatch as part of the sale and got a fair trade on it based on KBB and Black Book values. All in all we felt that we held our own and did decent negotiating, though it was a 3 hour process from the time we walked in and the time we walked out (and this was our 3rd time at the dealer looking at the 6)
Sounds like the exact car that I purchased down to the (stainless bumper guard that I didn't want either).

I paid $29,500 and did extremely well on my trad-in. IMO - you got an awesome deal. Congrats!!!

#677 ·
Just bought my new 6 yesterday and pretty happy with the deal. Just came off the truck that day with all the plastic wrap still stuck on and < 1 mile on it. :D

AT Touring in Blue Reflex, no dealer add-ons
MSRP: $25,490
Selling price: $23,261
TTL: $2,489 (including 9% CA tax :mad:)
Rebates: $1,000 loyalty + LA $250 auto show bonus + $25 test drive gift card

OTD: $24,475 and got 0.9% APR financing

#678 ·
An appeal from a new list member about posting in this thread! Please include:

- MSRP (*including* destination, and options on the *original* Mazda window sticker)
- Selling price of car (*before* Tax, title, reg, etc...)
- Documentation fee charged by dealership
- Additional options included in the selling price (floor mats, fog lights, etc...)

Documentation, while it varies from dealership to dealership, is just pure additional profit to be negotiated away. Knowing this fee for your transaction helps us better determine the quality of the deal.

OTD price varies tremendously depending on local taxes and licensing fees and therefore isn't much help to those trying to compare.

Congrats all on your great new cars. Hope to be joining you soon!

#679 · (Edited)
Hi all!

I'm in the market for a white grand touring and I've just started getting price quotes.

How's this for a price in the Washington, DC area? I'm hoping to get a decent price. Let me know what you all think!

MSRP: $30,690
Sale Price: 28,035.00
Freight: 795.00
Processing Fee: 389.00
DC tax: 1,782.39
DC tags: 260.00

Total on the road with no special qualifying: $31,261.39

This will be my first Mazda, so I don't qualify for any of the incentives offered right now besides the financing.

Thanks for all the great tips so far. Keep them coming!

#680 ·
I got mine 2 weeks ago for 27,800 + TTL. That was in CA though. I believe you can get another 800-1000 off. I didn't have any special discounts e.g. loyalty, or military. Btw mine was a GT Soul Red with no other options.

Another member reported $27,700 for a white GT. So there is room for bargaining :). If I remember correctly that member used the loyalty discount.

Is this your first quote so far? Try to find a dealer in the area that has the car in stock and tell him to give you a better price. Personally, I emailed a lot of dealers and went to two dealerships and bargained in person. I walked away from the first one and for the second I told him that I will get the car he has in stock if he gave it to me for that price.

#686 ·
It is a good starting point of reference. Will ultimately come down to supply demand and other variables, ie trade in etc... But it should give you a good negotiating starting point. If they have the car on the lot that you want, and your ready to take delivery, IMO you have the power. Just be ready to make the deal and take the car! And regardless of where you buy your car, it can be serviced at any Mazda dealer. Hope this helps. Good Luck! Hope you drove one first. Either way, Your going to love the car.

#692 ·
Hi Leechi,

It's pretty much impossible for us to say if you're getting a good deal or not without your stating:

Model (Sport/Touring/Grand Touring) & installed options
Dealer-added options
Selling Price
Doc fee

The out-the-door (OTD) price is useless because it includes tax (which varies town-to-town), municipal fees (ditto), etc...

#696 ·
Hmm, it appears I've misread one of the quotes from another dealer.

Best price quote so far:
MSRP: $30,920 (GT trim with wheel locks, all-weather mats, cargo net)
Sale price: $28,569
Tags: $189.50
DC Taxes: $1,714.14
Out the door: $30,671

Sale price includes freight. No incentives applied. This price looks pretty good and is close to some of the prices others have received.

Apologies in advance for the barrage of posts. This car has been on my mind for a while! Can't wait to become an official owner!

#698 ·
Hmm, it appears I've misread one of the quotes from another dealer.

Best price quote so far:
MSRP: $30,920 (GT trim with wheel locks, all-weather mats, cargo net)
Sale price: $28,569
Tags: $189.50
DC Taxes: $1,714.14
Out the door: $30,671

Sale price includes freight. No incentives applied. This price looks pretty good and is close to some of the prices others have received.

Apologies in advance for the barrage of posts. This car has been on my mind for a while! Can't wait to become an official owner!
As others have stated... The final sales price is all that matters. Tags, Taxes etc... means nothing. If your final price of $28,569 includes the $795 destination fee... then IMO that is an awesome deal. Unless you are paying cash, Just be sure that the $795 is not added into the financing. You won't see that exact dollar amount on your finance agreement. They tried to sneak it in on mine. Make sure your sales receipt either says final price includes the dest fee, or doesn't state it. Either way, you don't want to have to pay for it!!!! Nor should you. Like I said, I have the exact car minus the dealer add-ons (have diff ones) and paid $29,500 Not my money but I think your getting a very good deal. That sounds like many $$$$ below invoice. Good Luck

#702 ·
Leechi: According to Edmunds.com, the invoice on your car with the stated options is $29,120 (including destination). Your negotiated price is $551 below invoice--pretty darn good, considering there's no incentives that apply to your transaction. You can check for yourself here:

2014 Mazda MAZDA6 Sedan i Grand Touring Price With True Market Value<sup>®</sup>

Be sure to confirm if there is a documentation fee or not, and if so, how much is it? In my area, this fee (charged by dealerships, pure additional profit) can vary by hundreds of dollars between dealers and should be negotiated out of the deal by getting a lower price for the car. They claim they have to charge everyone the doc fee, so I just take it out of the selling price to net out where I want it to.

Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.