Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum - View Single Post - Bluetooth (& Handsfree system), Pandora, and USB not working
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-01-2013, 12:08 PM Thread Starter
MoeMM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question Bluetooth (& Handsfree system), Pandora, and USB not working

Hey all,

I purchased my 2014 Mazda 6 Sport AT on August 20th. From that day until last night, I had no issues with the infotainment system - all features were working perfectly (except for two times when the Bluetooth connection would end, and then I'd have to reconnect).

Last night, I started my car up and although FM/AM and CD were working, Bluetooth, Pandora and USB were not. When I try to pair, or use any of the hands-free features, it says "Starting Bluetooth Hands-Free System, please wait..." and then just goes back to the previous screen. When I press the Phone button on the console, nothing happens. I've got a flash drive plugged in, and the USB feature is inactive (dimmed out) so it's not as if the USB isn't detecting the device...the feature's just deactivated entirely.

I'm incredibly confused as to how this could happen to such a new car. I took it to the dealer and they told me I had to contact the Mazda Hands-Free System Customer Care center so that they could diagnose the issue before it came down to replacing the unit...which I'll do Tuesday as they're closed today and will most likely be closed tomorrow. Meh. Just being impatient...

Anyone else had this issue? If so, what was the outcome?

Thanks!
Moe

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome