Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum - View Single Post - weatherstripping on rear doors
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-05-2013, 06:17 PM Thread Starter
RacingTiger03

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 494 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
went in to the dealer today, they just pushed the pins back in for now because the service manager took his first day off in over 3 years LOL. Will report back next week after he takes a look at it. They said most likely the entire weatherstripping will have to be replaced to keep it from being a recurrent problem. One side had actually torn a little where the plastic head goes to keep it in place, but even the other side keeps coming loose

After fiddling around with all of the weatherstripping today though, I have to say it seems VERY flimsy. I see how wind could easily push through and is where a lot of the wind noise comes from. It brand new is very similiar to my 10+ year old pontiacs weather stripping. It'll keep the water out.. most of it at least, but high pressure and wind, forget about it. I'm interested to see what happens to it in the car wash if I ever run mine through LOL

2013 Volt (family car)
2013 MX5 Club PRHT (wife's toy)
2001 Firebird Formula (my toy
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)

Last edited by RacingTiger03; 07-05-2013 at 06:31 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome