Mazda 6 Forums banner

OBD II bluetooth scanner

16K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  tickerguy 
#1 ·
Hi,

I am looking for an OBD II scanner to use with my 2003 Mazda 6s. Looking to use with an Android phone.
Are there any scanners that do a better job of reading Mazda specific codes?
Any recommended brands? Any brands to avoid?

Thanks,
Bala

#2 ·
If you are looking for a cost effective solution. I hear good things about the torque app + blue tooth obd. Maybe someone here can reccommend a good scanner to pair with the torque app?

#3 ·
I got mine off Amazon for under 20 bucks. Can't remember the the brand elm127 or something like that.... Its universal so any one will do...I love it it does everything a 200 scanner does and more...including logs....and real time info of all sensors and everything....

#4 ·
This is the one I use. Bought it of Ebay for $15. Has worked flawlessly from the beginning . I use the Torque app to read the cel's and reset them. Search elm 327. Still amazed in how little it costs for the convenience of not having to go to the auto store for a scan. The torque app is real cool but I only use the scan feature.

Attachments

#7 ·
I found O2 volts bank 1-2 sensor 1-4 feature on the Torque app. I don't know if the same as what your looking for. The display graph doesn't have the information in your chart. There is a timing advance display. Again , not sure if it's the same.

I only have the free version. Maybe the paid one will have the features your looking for.

#10 ·
dammit the pics didnt upload to photobucket only the gauge shot.....but to answer your question @finalimpact....yes it has same type graft for bank 1 and two has the cam position.. degrees..and all that same type Chinese writing in the left column of your pic... Heres the gauge shot anyway

#15 ·
If you're just using it to scan check and clear codes. any of those cheapo ebay bluetooth units will work. But if you plan on trying to do any kind of legitimate datalogging with it. i recommend getting one of these....

OBDLink? MX Bluetooth | OBDLink? ? OBD Solutions

Realistically, you would want to used wired connection types for logging anyway due to speed and less interference. But fif you must use Bluetooth to log, dont go cheap on the adapter

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.