Mazda 6 Forums banner

New Metra Double-Din Kit coming

41K views 113 replies 31 participants last post by  CorelReefer2002 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, I just wanted to spread the word that Metra has finally developed a Double-din kit for the 03-08 6. They move the Hazdard, Recirculation, A/C, and defroster buttons to either side...2 on each side... and will come in the same factory match colors that the single dins come in. I hope this will help some of you guys out.

#2 · (Edited)
#4 ·
No, it's not the cheap one on ebay. I run a car audio shop in NC and since this week was the consumer electronics show in Vegas, I got all the updates and upcoming products from various manufacturers including Metra. The part number is a 95-7523B (Black) and 99-7524S for Silver. It will match just as well as the single din Metra kits, just hold a double din. The climate buttons are different than the ebay one, so it's not just a rebadged kit. I don't know a price on it yet, but when I get one I will let you guys know.

#6 ·
I think you may be my hero.

#10 ·
The pics I've seen of the ebay kit make it look like it's just the raw black plastic...no metallic in it like on the non-speed models.

#12 ·
Holy shit....looks like I'm returning/selling my eBay double din.

Three more buttons is where it's at! :D

Seriously though, I wonder what those extra buttons function as (it says some type of climate control)...anybody know/have any guesses?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#13 ·
Those replace the buttons on the bottom.
If you look at the stock dash trim it has three buttons right under the radio ;a/c,rear defrost...
They relocated them to the sides

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using AutoGuide App

#14 · (Edited)
Ohhhhh that makes sense...yeah my kit has those two, can't decide which looks better.

I'm thinking mine because all of the climate control stuff is down at the bottom, no confusion allowed. Maybe I won't return it after all...

#15 ·
I think I like the stock look better
The way they did it on the new kit,makes them look out of place

#16 ·
yeah I was gonna saw it is just the same 3 buttons I noticed that when I glanced and had to re look when you said three new buttons I thought I missed something.

It's cool that they are finally coming out with one. But unless it's cheaper then the ebay kit there's no reason to buy it. The ebay kit works just fine, and matches the interior already. Just on my ms6 I have to wrap my console stuff because it doesn't match the ms6 interior

#18 ·
I have the kanatechs kit,the hazardous button is also in a weird location...for a $350 kit they should have put some more thought into it

#20 ·
The wheel controls for the eBay kit I posted are $47 on eBay, simple and Oem functioning!

I'm going to be looking for an android head unit like the one brandonlee had for his 2nd gen...it looked freaking sick!

#26 ·
It will not be a group buy situation that I know of...just standard retail at any Metra dealer.

Spidy...that unit is awesome. I had that same one in my car until I upgraded to the INE-Z928HD and made a custom kit for my '10 6. Here's a link.
http://forum.mazda6club.com/car-ele...can-suck-i-now-have-8-alpine-my-dash-too.html

The shortcut buttons are awesome...plus, once your phone is linked via Bluetooth, you can access the iPersonalize feature that lets you adjust Crossovers, Time Alignment, EQ, all by answering a few questions about your car type, speaker sizes, locations, seat material, etc. Then you can go in and adjust it manually if you like as well. Having 4 presets for handsfree is nice...put the 4 people you call most up there and one tap calls them. The Navigation is 2nd to none...I used to be a bigger Pioneer Nav fan...the old Alpine Nav was very dated. These new units use an all new platform with much better mapping and better detail. The first chance I get, I think I am going to swap my wifes Pioneer out for an Alpine...but she doesn't know that yet.

#28 ·
Indeed, I may just be thinking about a double din in my car after all. I had resigned myself to stock as I hate the way the single din looks in the dash, but this looks great!

#29 ·
from what it looks like the doubledin line for cheap knockoffs might have come to an end. Metra better be ready to produce.

#31 ·
Ya if you go down the the info part it shows correctly. I'm wondering if he stopped making them with the real deal coming out. No idea, anyone know where I can buy a wiring harness?? I will customize my 06 stock din if I can just find the wiring harness. I don't need the faceplate.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.