Mazda 6 Forums banner

Slate6 2012 Mazda6i Touring Build thread

78K views 303 replies 40 participants last post by  Jak 
#1 ·
Ive been told that i should do this by a few members, and they are right :)

I purchaced my 2012 Mazda6i in March of 2012.
It was a happy day to say the least!

So ill post a bunch of pictures, videos and a couple dyno sheets.

Power Mods:
CS SRI.
TB Coolant Bypass.
TB Bored to 63mm by Maxbore.
MSDS Header.
Apexi WS2 Exhaust.
Mustang Dynoed 159.7hp 149tq

Interior Mods: As of now all stock and clean..

Exterior Mods: 6000k HID Headlights and Fogs
PIAA Xtreme white Turn signals and Parking lights.
Painted flat black side markers
Plasti Dipped all emblems and outer fog covers
Real Carbon Fiber front emblem

Wheels: MSR 095 Black Pearls 18/8 wrapped with 235/40's

Suspension: Ksport Kontrol Pro's

See less See more
#207 ·
Thank you @xkreedx

that didnt take long lol.....cant wait to see wat u do with it:ninja:
Yeah i know man lol. Got an awesome deal. Its all black with navi. First turbo ive ever had. Haven't WOT on it yet. Got on it a little bit on the way home. Pulls real good :D

#209 ·
#213 ·
Welcome to the turbo side. You will use gas like crazy. Especially when you put an intake on it.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

#214 ·
I have a friend selling a bunch of parts off his gen2 ms3 if youre interested. He's got a Forge BPV, Corksport Power Series Short Ram Intake w/ Blue Couplers and Polished Turbo Inlet Pipe, and Corksport TMIC w/ Blue Boost Tubes.

#218 ·
yeah, unfortunately he already sold his AP. But he has great prices on the parts i mentioned.

#220 ·
Holy HELL!! Congrats on the new purchase dude and welcome to the world of forced induction! :D

Some words of advice, follow what us Speed 6ers have to be aware of when we dd and modify our cars. Monitor your boost and stay out of it below 3k rpm and knock is an engine killer but considering your stock, I wouldn't be concerned about it for the time being.

Oh and upgrade your mounts to help reduce torque steer and improve shifting feel ;)

#229 ·
well i suggested going to MSF for research. not to post lol

#234 ·
So you get the 6OTM award, and then move on to a different platform, eh? Just kiddin! The DISI MZR can be a finicky engine, but can be made into a monster pretty easily. Browse through MSF for tech info, but be wary of asking questions. They're a ferocious bunch who will attack for most questions asked. They'll want to know how the hell you didn't already know about what you're asking :rolleyes:

Having said that, there are usually some good finds in the FS sections. I've gotten some good deals over there.

Good luck, enjoy the new ride, and it's good to see your 6 will stay in the family :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.