Mazda 6 Forums banner

Replacing 3.0 engine on my 2005 mazda6

6K views 43 replies 8 participants last post by  mikeykuk 
#1 ·
I am replacing my engine, after my pre cats killed my last one. I am going to buy headers and I have already bought a new engine. I bought a few sensors (camshaft sensors and crankshaft sensor) I was wondering what other sensors I should buy/replace. The car has over 100k miles on it now. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated!

#35 ·
Okay, anything else I should consider replacing? I ordered a new cabin air filter too, after seeing it...there was no way I was putting that back in my car lol. My belts look good, new crankshaft sensor, new camshaft sensors, all new oxygen sensors...anything else recommended?

#36 · (Edited)
How new are the ignition coils?? Any chance they took the CATs life to be begin with?

I'd replace them! PS - with a starter you could do a quick compression test but it wouldn't yield much as its cold and has likely been a while it was fired off. It might give you basic reference for later.

PS - color scheme and cleanliness Look Great! Good Job!

#42 ·
I finally got all of my O2 sensors today, and all of them have sensors! Woot! I just hope they are the right ones lol. Also, I got an email today, MSDS sent my headers to get ceramic coated. With any luck, I will have my headers by my vacation time the week of Christmas...fingers crossed!

#44 ·
Good news, I should be getting my headers Tuesday! In the mean time, I moved my battery to the trunk. I ran the 2 gauge wire from the passenger side of the trunk to the driver side the ran it with all the other wires down the door sills, by the fuze panel and out the fire wall. There was a white cap that I popped out, drilfille hole though, and installed a grommet. I then cit the access wire down, and soldered them together. I cut the ground wire off, since that cable grounds in the middle of the wire. I ground the negative cable using the ground for the taillights. I drilled four holes in the trunk, and mounted my battery box. The whole thing cost me $65. $50 for some 20' 2gauge, jumper cabes and $15 for a battery box. Pretty easy install, it took a couple of hours, most time consuming thong was soldering that much cable lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.