Mazda 6 Forums banner

Auxilary Lighting?

3K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  sunshineFC3S 
#1 ·
Is anybody running any auxilary lighting, like rally style? I know these aren't rally cars like STi's or Evo's, and I'm not talking about giant molded hoods with light pods.

I've got a pair of PIAA lights I had on my Tahoe sitting around my garage, and looking at them has me thinking. They would fit nicely in the lower grille area, and they throw a ton of light down the road.

What do you think of these rough Paint mockups? I don't love them, but want to see what you all think. Also, how much would a pair of 6" lights effect airflow to the radiator or TMIC in either of these setups?

See less See more
#2 ·
If you're looking for opinions... I'll try to say this as nicely as I can... It looks rice. I wouldn't do it. But, it's all about your own opinions since it's your car.

Blockage in airflow would be small, not enough to write home about, that's why you have aux. fans.

#4 ·
Do that and also...

...that.

Reactions: IamJamen
#5 ·
We may make fun and harass you. It's cause we love you and that looks fuckin terrible.

Maybe a sketch of the piaa's beside the quad pipes. Like super reverse lighting would look amazing.
To each there own though.

#6 ·
I need a super reverse light.

#9 ·
If you turned your Speed into a legit rallye racer, it would be acceptable. Otherwise, you end up looking like the jackasses with the Erector set spoilers and the plastidipped cars hanging out at the mall.

I also don't think our cars would really do off-road rallye racing well, but someone correct me.

Reactions: JFisher100191
#10 ·
If you turned your Speed into a legit rallye racer, it would be acceptable. Otherwise, you end up looking like the jackasses with the Erector set spoilers and the plastidipped cars hanging out at the mall.

I also don't think our cars would really do off-road rallye racing well, but someone correct me.
We've got an open center diff, right? Don't the STis and Evos have LSD or lockers in theirs? Same reason it's easier to drift them than ours?

#11 ·
Well, I do know it was a lot easier to slide my buddy's WRX around the parking lot at work, but there could e a lot of factors for that.

#13 ·
I have a set of PIAA 1400's kicking around my garage somewhere. I had been thinking of looking for a place to stick them up inside the grill. Just hadn't gotten around to it. I had them on my Kawasaki Concours awhile ago and they were small enough to fit under the stock headlight and didn't get hit by the front fender under compression. They said fogs but I remember they were bright as all hell and lit up everywhere.

#14 ·
I also think it looks Bad Ass the top pick in the grill... Make the car look more aggressive not as granny car... No offense I love to drive mine but stock it looks like i'm driving miss daisy... And that makes it look good...

#15 ·
Not something I would do with mine, just because I like how much of a sleeper it is, but I kind of like it. The top picture at least. I think the bumper mount would be hard to make look good.

The main issue i see would be getting them to sit flush with or even behind the grill with the crash bar there. If they protruded out from the bumper at all it would kill it IMHO. Not sure how thick the PIAA's are though so they may fit.

#17 ·
You can always replace the factory fogs with some driving lights. Like a set of decent Hella Mirco something-or-other.
-a

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.