Mazda 6 Forums banner

Cylinder 3 misfire new plugs new wires?!

4K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  juman21 
#1 ·
Hello everyone im new here and i was hoping anyone could help me figure out a little issue im having with my car. i have an 03 mazda 6 2.3 4cyl and just the other day it started to chug and shake whenever i accelerated and my check engine light came on so i pulled codes and only code was p0303 cyl 3 misfire so i decided to do a tuneup on it since it was time for it anyway but after installing new plugs and wires my car was still running rough and i still had that same code come back after i erased it. does anyone have any ideas to what it could be help will be greatly appreciated. p.s. i checked to see if i was getting spark on #3 plug with a plug adapter and i am.

#4 ·
Did you replace the ignition coils? Is that what you meant by wires? You may have a bad ignition coil.

Another thing you can try is taking the cylinder 3 coil and moving it to another spark plug to see if follows. If it does you surely have a bad ignition coil.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.