Mazda 6 Forums banner

iSport Mods

491K views 2K replies 58 participants last post by  Chuckie 
#1 ·
Question to all the 2nd Gen iSport owners. I've done some mods on mine but i'm just curious as to what other after market accessories and mods are available for the iSport?

Thank you inadvance for your info brothers!

#731 ·
Dang it mom come on...

So my moms got a Mazda CX-7, its an 2008 i think. Its got the MZR 2.3L Turbo. So i asked her today when i fixed her flat tire. " He mom i noticed you got the MZR 2.3L turbo, wanna do an engine swap, I'll pay for the engine swap and you'll get a brand new 2.5L with only 7000 miles and yours gots 41000, Fair trade, what you think?" My Mom replied " HaHaHa i love my turbo im not trading for you 2.5, nice try Hahahaha. i couldnt believe my Mom relized what she had and loved the turbo power.lol. i told you suck, ill smoke you anyways. Then she laughed at me again, and said "bring it" i just laughed. thought it was a funny story had to share with you. Damn it i wanted to swap. oh well lol.:lol:

#732 ·
Tell her it would save her in gas too since not only would the 2.5 be less thirsty, it wouldnt require premium gas like the 2.3 turbo lol

#734 ·
Is it allwheel drive? Some of the turbo cx7 came allwheel

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#737 ·
I think i finally have a solution to the squeak issue with our exhaust. I swapped the bolts out on the car convertor with bolts that are longer and dont have a metal stopper on it. This allowed me to tighten down the bolts even more the the stock ones. Ive only put about 15 miles on the car since swapping the bolts and so far there is no squeaking. Som slight creaking still but its gone way down and doesnt sound like a bad belt anymore. Its almost completely gone!

#741 ·
I think i finally have a solution to the squeak issue with our exhaust. I swapped the bolts out on the car convertor with bolts that are longer and dont have a metal stopper on it. This allowed me to tighten down the bolts even more the the stock ones. Ive only put about 15 miles on the car since swapping the bolts and so far there is no squeaking. Som slight creaking still but its gone way down and doesnt sound like a bad belt anymore. Its almost completely gone!

What squeak noise you talking about bro?????

#738 ·

Time for more plastidip as well. My wiper cowls are all nasty and blotchy from the florida sun. Figured since these are a low traffic area ( from sponges and fingers) id plasti dip them to bring the black back and to help prevent more blotchiness

#739 ·
Little bit of a comparison shot. The part towards the bottom i couldnt remove so i didnt paint it. As you can see it is far lighter/faded te the part above it

#742 ·
Alot of the 2nd gens have exhaust squeaks. And mine had it

#744 ·
idling. the motor mount in our car are fairly soft. so after a while when they break in real good the area where the cat convertor connects to the downpipe will squeak . o got new bolts and torqued them down real good and it seems to have eliminated it. mines been squeaking sine 35k miles and it has 64 k on it now

#745 ·
It is annoying as shit. When it happens you'll notice. I had no problems till 6 months ago when I notice a slight squeal sitting next to a car at a red light. Then I definitely noticed it when I was in a drive through lane and the sound was bouncing off the wall.

#746 ·
Hotstreak. Replace the bolts they are M10 x 1.25. Here is a comparisson shot. The stock bolts dont have enough thread on them and they have stoppers on it. I just swapped bolts and it seems to be working and holding it in place.

Reactions: hotstreak2002
#1,659 ·
Hotstreak. Replace the bolts they are M10 x 1.25. Here is a comparisson shot. The stock bolts dont have enough thread on them and they have stoppers on it. I just swapped bolts and it seems to be working and holding it in place.

Any update on this Gen2x?? Mine's starting to squeak again after getting it fixed twice :angry:

#1,661 ·
Still no squeak. You really have to torque the bolts (the ones you will buy) really really well. Worked for me

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

#1,683 ·
Still no squeak. You really have to torque the bolts (the ones you will buy) really really well. Worked for me

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Thanks man. Are those washers at the head of the bolt or do they come like that?
Does the bolt thread into the other side of the flange therefore no nut is needed?
Apply any anti-seize?
Any guess-timate at how much you torqued the bolts down?

#747 ·
Gonna have to give this a shot. Ive seen that Mazda has replaced the gasket for a few members but the problem comes back a few months later.

Sounds like a million little kids scratching the caulk board. Trying to find some relief for my ears. Thanks man.

#748 ·
No prob. Ill keep it updated as the days go by to help you out

#750 ·
so you cant drive it now in the mean time? lol that sucks! :p

#754 ·
ok so this is very sloppy, took me 5 min total haha but do you think this would look good if I did the entire rim like this? would do it MUCH more professionally... all comments welcome. I was bored so this is what comes from this. I think it looks kinda dope and really don't think its been tried before but idk

#755 ·
What is it? Plasti dip?

#758 ·
You guys seem to be the people to go to for exterior modifications, so help me out?

Currently I have all windows at 50, interior lights swapped for blue LEDs, 18" rims , and I'm putting on eibach pro's tomorrow because obviously it needs a drop.

I was thinking of powder coating the calipers blue, smoking the head/tail lights, wrapping the interior center panel in white carbon fiber, and possibly painting the roof black. Thoughts/comments?

#763 ·
You guys seem to be the people to go to for exterior modifications, so help me out?

Currently I have all windows at 50, interior lights swapped for blue LEDs, 18" rims , and I'm putting on eibach pro's tomorrow because obviously it needs a drop.

I was thinking of powder coating the calipers blue, smoking the head/tail lights, wrapping the interior center panel in white carbon fiber, and possibly painting the roof black. Thoughts/comments?

vinaly roof would look sweet. id leave enterior alone, but its what makes you happy not us:D. also if i had those rims i would plasti dip the silver trim to black it out. but thats just me. love white dropped on black:)

#759 ·
White with a black roof looks awesome. I vinyl wrapped mine and it looks bad ass.

Personally, im not a fan of carbon fiber so meh on that but to each to their own ya know?

Calipers would look good in blue

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.