Mazda 6 Forums banner

Wild goose chase

842 views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  flipper66 
#1 ·
Okay so i know im on a wild goose chase but im looking at picking up a used 06 MS6 sport BCM it has 70,XXXmi on it in Jacksonville Fl its a 2 owner and 1st owner traded it in at 67,XXXmi knocking second owner bought it blew it up and gave it back and they replaced the motor ive been told it is the cars 3rd motor and he didnt know how to drive it only mod right now is a intake ive tried searching around here for the vin number and had no luck any advice to see what kind of abuse this cars been through or if the owner may have been on the forums (only thing that pops up on google for vin number is the car at the dealership) Thanks for any help guys i just dont wanna get trapped in a 15g money trap

#2 ·
Sounds like the previous owners should not of been driving period. I would make shut to check it out thoroughly. If it has a new motor under warranty then I would think about it. At least you know whats been going on, keep your eyes open for other deals as we end the year there are a lot of good deal to be found out there. Good luck

#3 ·
Price? pics? There is a red MS6 at Streetunit performance that they just put a brand new engine in for cheap and has been treated right.

Kinda sort local to you and know a good majority of the Jville peeps.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/zoom.jax/?fref=ts

these guys maybe able to tell you about the car too.

IMO, this sounds like a mess I wouldn't want to get into w/o it being stupid cheap. like 5k cheap....

#6 ·
AutoTrader.com hopefully that link will work but its $15,000 with 70,000 mi on the body and its kind of a mess but there are only two speeds in jax and one is modded with upgraded turbo and is knocking and since my 6 was totaled out i cant travel to test drive others right now i really want a gt but like i said i cant find one close enough to check out and i think the guys at JMOC went down to episode m and seen it and told me about it

#8 ·
okay is there any pics i can find of it i know i can find a bunch of su cars on youtube modded, i just need something kinda soon and ive test drove 08 audi a4 a 07 volvo s60r speed 6 and a 06 evo and so far i like the 6 the most and i need the awd for my winter trips to IL, is that marks speed?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.