Mazda 6 Forums banner

Speaker issue only on cd?

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  zoranrataj2000 
#1 ·
Hey guys sorry if this is a repost or something but I havent been able to find someone else with this problem. I have a 2004 mazda 6 with sport and luxury package , v6 auto with the 6 disk cd changer. Bose system and all that fun stuff which is a nightmare.

Strangly when I am playing a cd, everynow and then I would lose sound in the right side of my car, front and rear passenger speakers. Yet if I switch to the radio the speakers work fine. Ive also noticed when both sides are working when playing a cd, the right side doesnt have as much power as the left? To make it better when I apply pressure under the hazard button but above the cd slot, the right side will work temporarily? I tried taking it to a audio shop and he diagnosed that my back subwoofer wasent working as well at all regardless of radio or cd. Any ideas? =\

Im somewhat of an ameture mechanic so I can replace things but not good enough to wire new things around.

#3 ·
Im being told its the amp. Apparently you cant switch that out without redoing the whole system unless you get another bose amp. So I thought eh why not , at least now with a new setup you know whats broken and not, rather than what the old driver did to the current parts lol but the dash kit is still the one that kills in price lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.