Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Chicago IL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
New Owner of 2009 Mazda6 S GT. Need maintainence advice
I just bought myself a 2009 Mazda6 S GT with 85K miles and was wondering what maintainence is required. There are records of oil changes every 5K miles and nothing besides that.
Here is the list I have in mind. Please advice if I am missing anything:
1. Spark plugs (NGK Iradiums). How hard is it to replace them? Its a 6 cylinder, so would I have to take the intake out in order to replace the 3 at the back?
2. Trans oil change. I am debating between Mobil One and OEM. I have always driven a Maxima and used Mobil one. What do you guys recommend?
3. PCV valve. Is it easy to replace? Where is it located
4. Cabin air filter and K&N air filter
5. Oil Change at the dealer (Local dealer charges $20 with coupon). Or should I change my own oil with Mobil 1 synthetic? How do your Mazdas like the oil?
6. I got tires that are 10K old (Bridgestone Potenza) and I think they are LOUD as hell making me feel like all bearings are worn out. Mechanic says it the tires. Which tires do you guys recommend? I need something that is quiet. I do have a set of winter tires and wheels so these would predominantly be summer tires. (Size is 235 45 18)
Any help is appreciated.