New Injen CAI - Mazda 6 V6 3.7L - Page 35 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
Go Back   Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum > Technical / Performance / Model > Mazda 6 2nd Generation (2009-2012) > Engine / Drivetrain > 3.7L V6
New User? Register
Mazda6Club.com is the premier Mazda 6 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2012, 10:48 PM   #341 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 11 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mz6GreyGhost View Post

Sorry for the bad pics. All I had was my cell phone at the time.

Installation was much easier than I expected. Took me close to two hours to do the install, but I also jacked the car up and removed the left-front tire for the filter install, and I quadruple-checked every single part and fitting very carefully as I installed it, since this is my first "big" mod on my still-under-warranty daily-driver. After ripping out the stock intake, I can understand just how restrictive the damn thing really is.

After I installed it Saturday, I had to take the time to reprogram my radio presets (as well as the other settings), the memory seats, and the windows. I then drove it "normally" to a friends to watch the NCAA tournament. No issues, despite a slight whistle at certain throttle amounts, and the growl was definitely noticeable.

Yesterday, I put about 80 miles on the car, between errands, going out to dinner, and basically showing off like a teenager! The butt-dyno doesn't lie, there's definitely more pull at just about the entire rev range and throttle application, and the sound is fantastic. The greatest improvement IMO is the throttle lag time, or lack of! As with my previous 6, when I hit the accelerator, I always noticed a tenth of a second hesitation between my foot and the car actually moving. It's gone with the CAI! The power is there RIGHT NOW!

And for the record, I usually don't put decals from suppliers on my car, but since Injen had the balls to step up and actually create a part specifically for the 2nd-gen Mazda 6 V6, I threw their decal on the rear window, right underneath the satellite radio antenna.

The intake just makes my 6 that much more enjoyable to drive. Install was easy, and the benefits far outweigh the price IMO.
So I take it there was no rattles or buzzes from the cai. Also did it clear the under hood lining?

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

2010 Mazda 6s GT Ebony w/Tech
2010 Mazda CX-9 GT Dolphin w/Nav
ocramida is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2012, 08:10 AM   #342 (permalink)
Mazda Guru

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Quoted: 353 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 12 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocramida View Post
So I take it there was no rattles or buzzes from the cai. Also did it clear the under hood lining?
No rattling or buzzing whatsoever.

It also clears the lining.

The only place where there may be a slight rub is against the side of the battery, near the positive terminal. I may just cut a small piece of adhesive foam weatherstripping and stick it onto the battery, just as another precaution.

Otherwise, so far, so good! I definitely can't check if there's any increase in fuel economy, at least for this tank, since I've been enjoying the new-found power and growl entirely too much...

Injen SP Intake | Tinted Sidemarkers | H9 3000K Fogs | 6000K HighBeams | Triton V3 Switchbacks | Full LED Taillamps
"Then he takes out a cigar and enjoys the ride" - Byakuya
Mz6GreyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2012, 10:13 PM   #343 (permalink)

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Groans: 41
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts

I checked mine last weekend. Hood liner is not touching at all. Also, I noticed since I removed the stock intake snorkel, the engine bay sucks in more dirt/dust than before. :|

2009 Mazda 6s GT - Rotora BBK, KSport coilovers, 19" TSW, Injen CAI, Addco RSB, AWR rmm |
2012 Genesis Coupe Turbo
- ARK, DEPO, HKS, RMR, K&N, PA, Prodigy, Sequence, Stillen |

Plasti dip is for tool handles.
Chuckie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2012, 10:21 PM   #344 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts

damn it seems like i am the only one who is touching the liner it just makes me feel like its not installed right but ive tried every possible way so idk
Old 03-27-2012, 11:08 PM   #345 (permalink)
Mazda Guru

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Quoted: 353 Post(s)
Groaned at 12 Times in 8 Posts

I double-checked mine this evening, and not only are the fittings as tight as before, it's not rubbing the liner, just a slight bit on the battery. Gotta find my weatherstripping...

Injen SP Intake | Tinted Sidemarkers | H9 3000K Fogs | 6000K HighBeams | Triton V3 Switchbacks | Full LED Taillamps
"Then he takes out a cigar and enjoys the ride" - Byakuya

Last edited by Mz6GreyGhost; 03-27-2012 at 11:10 PM.
Mz6GreyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2012, 03:05 PM   #346 (permalink)
Learners License

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Just installed mine during lunch! Only took me 40 minutes with taking the wheel off. I drove it around town to grab a quick bite to let the ECU relearn. I had to roll all the windows up to reset the auto-up feature and turn the wheel clockwise fully then counterclockwise fully to get the DSC light to turn off. No rattles from what I can tell and boy that growl is nice! Can't wait to drive to the GFs later today and let her rip on the intersate.

I took pics from the front of the car to show how high up it sits in the engine bay. I partially closed the lid and peeked in there, but didn't see it rubbing. But, I'm unsure if it rubs once the hood is fully latched. Any way to tell if it rubs?

You can see from the pics the vibra-mount is at an angle, but I don't think that's a real issue. It was a tight fit with very little room to play.

Also there is a hose that was secured by a plastic thing attached to the old intake box. With the CAI, this hose now flops around. Is it okay? If you look at the last image in this post you can see it at the bottom-left of the pic.

Link to full album

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This is the hose I'm talking about
Old 03-28-2012, 06:12 PM   #347 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

after driving around for a bit if it is rubbing there will be a small dusty spot from the hood liner on the top of the piping at the highest point right before it bends downward as for that tube i wondered the same thing but since there is no other way to support it im pretty sure its fine they probably had it attached to the stock intake just because it was convenient and cleaned up the wiring somewhat nice high quality pics btw
Old 03-28-2012, 11:05 PM   #348 (permalink)

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post

Im glad to see another CAI on a v6 6.
Purple Powdercoated Injen CAI w/ Hydro-Shield | 15% Tint | LOC | 12" Memphis Audio in sealed box | Quantum Audio Amp |Enkei EKM3 18x7.5 Wrapped w/ Falken Ziex 912 235/45/18 tires | Smoked Taillights | B&G Springs | Audi style LED strip in headlights | H9 3000k fog lights | Custom engine cover | AWR Dog bone mount | custom cat-back exhaust w/ Raptor Mufflers

ozracin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2012, 11:32 PM   #349 (permalink)

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Groans: 2
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts

i wonder how many cai's injen sold!

mofo's needa start making more products for our cars. a nice aggresive front lip, and skirts. hehhe. lip spoiler. as well as an exhuast even though ill probly get that done custom.

today. i had some army gal in the same car trim as mine (m6gtv6). giving me a thumbs up. lol. i wanted to hit the gas a little to show her the difference in sound but i opted not to. lol she probly woulda thought i was some dumb kid trying to race her.

2011 Mazda 6 GT V6 Techno Pearl White, AccuAir Equipped. SOLD
brandonlee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2012, 04:31 AM   #350 (permalink)

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Groans: 41
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts

Injen was surprised on the amount of orders they've gotten.

Rubber mount may tear prematurely at such an extreme angle. It should be able to straighten out by adjusting the intake tube.

2009 Mazda 6s GT - Rotora BBK, KSport coilovers, 19" TSW, Injen CAI, Addco RSB, AWR rmm |
2012 Genesis Coupe Turbo
- ARK, DEPO, HKS, RMR, K&N, PA, Prodigy, Sequence, Stillen |

Plasti dip is for tool handles.
Chuckie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.