Dog Bone Engine mount options?? - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
Go Back   Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum > Technical / Performance / Model > Mazda 6 1st Generation (2002-2008) > Engine / Drivetrain > 3.0L V6
New User? Register
Mazda6Club.com is the premier Mazda 6 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2009, 01:03 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Archplsm

Does anyone have the CPE lower engine mount installed on a 3.0l? If so, how bad is the vibration increase. Where would the vibration increase fall between an OEM mount and a Urathane mount. I use my car as an every day driver and don't want too much increase in vibration. I have had urathane mounts before and could not stand how much increase there was in vibrations. If CPE is too much increase is there another one someone would suggest other than OEM?
Archplsm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2009, 01:28 PM   #2 (permalink)

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Groans: 13
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts

QUOTE (Archplsm @ Apr 15 2009, 01:03 PM)
Quote:
Does anyone have the CPE lower engine mount installed on a 3.0l? If so, how bad is the vibration increase. Where would the vibration increase fall between an OEM mount and a Urathane mount. I use my car as an every day driver and don't want too much increase in vibration. I have had urathane mounts before and could not stand how much increase there was in vibrations. If CPE is too much increase is there another one someone would suggest other than OEM?[/b]
If you don't want any vibrations, get the AWR or StreetUnit in a lower durometer.
xtmesisx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2009, 02:55 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

QUOTE (xtmesisx @ Apr 15 2009, 12:28 PM)
Quote:
If you don't want any vibrations, get the AWR or StreetUnit in a lower durometer.[/b]

You'll still get more in cabin vibration with the lower durometer SU mount compared to the stock mount, trust me. But it's nothing to worry about, either....the increased vibrations are only noticible if you're really trying to think about it.
2003 Performance White 6s MTX, CPE CAI MAF-CI, Xtec 5000K HIDs, Superwhite LEDs, TB bypass, EGR mod, Iridium NGKs, 25% tint, clear sidemarkers w/ turn signal mod, brakelight mod, SU MM, MazdaSpeed Short Throw Shifter, Custom Exhaust: 12" glass pak resonator and axle-back Str8s, Flat Black painted bezels, Exedy Stage 1 clutch and Fidanza Flywheel, ceramic pads, Redline MT-90, Mobil-1 0W-20 and Mobil-1 Mercon V PS fluid
dfw6er is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2009, 09:49 PM   #4 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post

ive never noticed a vibration increase... then again i have headers, it makes the car shift and respond better
04 v6 MTX - 238.8 WHP (w obx headers) - 17" Enkei RS+M rims with Goodyear Eagle 215/45. Performance Mods: AEM CAI, Magnaflow Mufflers w/ customized exhaust, CP-E Headers, Apexi SAFC II, optimized throttle body, Racing Beat Rear Sway Bar, EGR Mod, component polk system with a 12" sub and alpine amps, 7k HID headlights, DDE's, and more. All self installed! check out my APEXI install/dyno/settings thread and my OBX header install/dyno/APEXI settings thread To come: optimizing exhaust WTB: steel grey eyelids
hot6onaplatter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2009, 09:56 PM   #5 (permalink)

Groans: 1

+1 to the above posts. You have to pay a bit to play a bit. The CPe mount wont shake your lug nuts loose. But you do feel it. Now when I got into the side engine mounts is when I noticed a definitive change in the characteristic of my 6 at idle.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:26 AM   #6 (permalink)

Groans: 8
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts

QUOTE (USAF 6S @ Apr 15 2009, 05:56 PM)
Quote:
+1 to the above posts. You have to pay a bit to play a bit. The CPe mount wont shake your lug nuts loose. But you do feel it. Now when I got into the side engine mounts is when I noticed a definitive change in the characteristic of my 6 at idle.[/b]
Is that b/c the stock side mount is filled with liquid to reduce vibrations and the AWR one is just metal?

CNC Weighted Shift Knobs GB
Front 1ine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2009, 08:17 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Archplsm

So it sounds like the order of options regarding vibration and stiffness for response are:

OEM (sloppy but low on vibrations)
StreetUnit (a little stiffer, but has a lower 62 durometer to address vibrations)
CPE (middle of the line durometer at 70, sounds like a noticeable vibration increase but not obnoxious)
AWR (urethane bushings, this will give the most rigid response, but a significant increase in vibration)
Archplsm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2009, 01:15 PM   #8 (permalink)

CPE hands down. The urethane transfers a lot more vibration into the cabin. I have the 70duro CPE wishbone, and a AWR 70duro urethane tranny mount, and I notice the AWR mount vibration, but the CPE is not even noticable, and wasnt so much even b4 the tranny mount.

Another thing you should consider is that the CP-E is made out of EPDM rubber, and this stuff is the best! It has the heat resistance and elasticity of rubber, with the hardness of urethane. Personally, I hate urethane mounts, since they can easily get dirty or dry, and can make popping and creaking noises. Urethane also has a different memory, so it can get distorted after awhile. Once that happens the noises will only get worse and you will have more movement. It also seems to be worse in the cold and rain.

I had wanted to get a bushing manufacturer to make EPDM bushing replacements for the AWR mounts and the suspension. Not much interest from the manufacturers, and it costs $700 for a mold.

Go with CP-E, you will not be disappointed.
<span style="color:#000080">SOLD: 2003 Lapis 6s, ATX: Racing Beat - KYB - Enkei - CP-E - Moog - AWR - Hawk - EBC - Redline - K&N - Stant - NGK - CWest - TW</span>
akhilleus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2009, 03:40 AM   #9 (permalink)
Administrator

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to Mazda Gremlyn Send a message via MSN to Mazda Gremlyn

I'll tell you after this weekend when i finally install mine... only been 2 years since I noticed the thing was torn!
Old 04-17-2009, 06:54 PM   #10 (permalink)

QUOTE (Mazda Gremlyn @ Apr 17 2009, 03:40 AM)
Quote:
I'll tell you after this weekend when i finally install mine... only been 2 years since I noticed the thing was torn![/b]

2 years ....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.