A/C not working - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
Go Back   Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum > Technical / Performance / Model > Mazda 6 1st Generation (2002-2008) > Engine / Drivetrain > 3.0L V6
New User? Register
Mazda6Club.com is the premier Mazda 6 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2009, 07:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts

i just installed a K&N cold air intake and new headers and exhaust and for some reason now my air conditioning doesn"t work.... the light turns on saying that its blowing a/c but the compressor never turns on and the air is the same temp as outside air, it blows air just fine and the heater works but no cooling of the air. i was wondering if maybe since i unhooked the battery for the work if maybe there is some sort of reset that you have to do? don't know what to do but i live in the south and it's about to get hot so if anyone has any suggestions please let me know!!!!

Thanks
littlenuke4all is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2009, 11:46 PM   #2 (permalink)

No reset required. I would be checking the wire going to the AC cluch coil (the plug on the AC compressor). when off there should be 0Vdc in the pin, when on there should be 12Vdc present. If this is good then the compressor is toast (well the coil is). If there is no 12Vdc, check the AC fuse and relay. If all is good then the climate control and fan control is not working properly.

Cheers...... Mark

I HAVE NO FRIENDS BUT MY CARS DON'T CARE
KCV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2009, 12:41 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post

take it in for service the new fuse will cost ya $1 plus the obnoxious diagnostic fee
04 v6 MTX - 238.8 WHP (w obx headers) - 17" Enkei RS+M rims with Goodyear Eagle 215/45. Performance Mods: AEM CAI, Magnaflow Mufflers w/ customized exhaust, CP-E Headers, Apexi SAFC II, optimized throttle body, Racing Beat Rear Sway Bar, EGR Mod, component polk system with a 12" sub and alpine amps, 7k HID headlights, DDE's, and more. All self installed! check out my APEXI install/dyno/settings thread and my OBX header install/dyno/APEXI settings thread To come: optimizing exhaust WTB: steel grey eyelids
hot6onaplatter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2009, 01:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
Learners License

QUOTE (hot6onaplatter @ Mar 28 2009, 12:41 AM)
Quote:
take it in for service the new fuse will cost ya $1 plus the obnoxious diagnostic fee[/b]

i checked all of the fuses though... all of the fuses and relays are good, the indications inside all say that everything is working, i had the freon checked and it's good, and i ran a wire straight from the battery to the compressor and it turned on and worked fine..... it's just that for some reason it's not getting the power signal when it should and i had a mechanic look at it and he was stumped... he even hooked up his computer to my car and ran a check on it and nothing came up to cause an issue..... i really don't want to take it to a mazda dealer cuz i know they're going to charge me an arm and a leg so if there could be any other reason you guys can think of please let me know

Thanks
littlenuke4all is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2009, 01:29 AM   #5 (permalink)
Learners License

if you checked the wire going to the compressor and you have no voltage check where the pressure switch is if thats unplugged or maybe the wiring is sitting against the header the ac control head wont activate the compressor clutch
rtsvtec2004 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2009, 01:08 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post

there are many hidden fuses (not in the fuse box), im not sure if you know where they are but yeah thats my bet
04 v6 MTX - 238.8 WHP (w obx headers) - 17" Enkei RS+M rims with Goodyear Eagle 215/45. Performance Mods: AEM CAI, Magnaflow Mufflers w/ customized exhaust, CP-E Headers, Apexi SAFC II, optimized throttle body, Racing Beat Rear Sway Bar, EGR Mod, component polk system with a 12" sub and alpine amps, 7k HID headlights, DDE's, and more. All self installed! check out my APEXI install/dyno/settings thread and my OBX header install/dyno/APEXI settings thread To come: optimizing exhaust WTB: steel grey eyelids
hot6onaplatter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.