Mazda 6 Forums banner

anyone regret the color?

7K views 56 replies 47 participants last post by  daztd 
#1 ·
I traded in a spicy msp for a liquid ms6. Thought i wanted a less attention color but i'm starting to think i should have got a red ms6. That color is so bad ass with the gold flakes in the sun. Liquid silver looks kinda boring huh?

See less See more
#3 ·
red is nice :)

#5 ·
i love my black cherry mica, but i miss the sepang green from my old m6s. that was my favorite car color yet.

#6 ·
I love my black Cherry mica way more that the blazing copper tribute I had and even more tan my lapis 6.

#7 ·
I'm loving the WhiteWater Pearl. I enjoy the "lack" of second glances. I'm too old for every Honda Civic on the road to pick a race with me.

Not that I won't take the time to embarass one from time to time. :D

Reactions: Qwik6
#8 ·
i love my black mica but actually wish i had gotten the whitewater pearl. oh well...too late now, but i am still happy with it, and hey, when your driving it you don't really notice the color anyways.

#9 ·
I love my liquid, I prefered it over all the other MS6 colors the dealer had to offer (the only one he didnt have was red...which turn out now is my second fav) but to be honest I'm not too impressed with the selection of MS6 paint...all of em have sparkle crap in them, looks good on Plat and Ti and even whit but I don;t like it on the rest

#10 ·
After seeing a red in person I too am wishing I would have sought out a Velocity Red instead of Ti Gray :-(

Jason

#12 ·
I like my black mica.

Actually they didn't have the color I wanted, so I thought about getting the white pearl. But then I said if I'm buying a new car, I was gonna get the color I wanted.

So I didn't purchase it.

When I was leaving, I actually got lost in the dealer parking lot, and happen to drive past a black one in the back that seemed to get lost during the dealer's move to a new location.

So there it goes.

#14 ·
Since i previously had a strato blue mica 3 hatch, i was used to getting looks and comments. sometimes though, the color was too purple for me and i would regret it big time.

i knew i didnt want to deal with any regret this time around, so i went right for arrest-me-red.

#16 ·
I semi regret getting black. It scratches so easily. It looks awesome when it's clean. It just doesn't stay that way very long. And with the winters here it looks dirty as hell half the year.

As JKL said Canada only gets 3 colors, if I had to do it again I would of picked silver.

#17 ·
I would have picked the White as well, but I'm in Canada so went with Liquid Platinum because Black is too much work to keep clean (and it shows every little flaw) and gets hot in the sun, and Red attracts too much attention. I like all 3 colours but don't regret getting the silver at all.

#18 ·
Nope I wanted a color that would blend in so I'd go unnoticed in traffic. The other car sticks out like a sore thumb esp when going faster then traffic. The Speed just blends...

#19 ·
Nope I wanted a color that would blend in so I'd go unnoticed in traffic. The other car sticks out like a sore thumb esp when going faster then traffic. The Speed just blends...
[/b]
Same here; I love the Velocity Red Mica, but after experiencing the unwelcome attention that my '03 Cobra got from local law enforcement, I opted to go less conspicuous with the speed6.

#20 ·
I semi regret getting black. It scratches so easily. It looks awesome when it's clean. It just doesn't stay that way very long. And with the winters here it looks dirty as hell half the year.

As JKL said Canada only gets 3 colors, if I had to do it again I would of picked silver.
[/b]
I agree with BTF totally. I couldn't have said it better myself.

R

#21 ·
Damn, that sucks for Canadians. Why the hell would they do something like that, anyway? Just to build animosity??

It can't possibly cost more to import some colors than others, unless they thought the other 3 colors wouldn't sell as well or something. I feel for you guys.

#22 ·
No way I can regreat Black Cherry Mica :love:

#23 ·
IMO, nothing looks better than black when it's clean - you just can't get a better mirror finish with other colors - but (and that's a big but), it has to be clean. I have a black RX-7 and I wouldn't change the color for any choice out there. But I only drive it only sunny days and I'm able to keep it clean longer than a daily driver (with the help of a california duster).
I'm also in Canada and considering the options, I bought the silver - no regretts considering its a great color that can hide a little dirt. Even with all the colors available in the U.S., I still would have picked the platinum. The only down side to the color silver is there are a ton of silver cars on the road. I also think Mazda did a great job with all their colors - there really isn't a bad one in the bunch.

#25 ·
IMO, nothing looks better than black when it's clean - you just can't get a better mirror finish with other colors - but (and that's a big but), it has to be clean. I have a black RX-7 and I wouldn't change the color for any choice out there. But I only drive it only sunny days and I'm able to keep it clean longer than a daily driver (with the help of a california duster).
I'm also in Canada and considering the options, I bought the silver - no regretts considering its a great color that can hide a little dirt. Even with all the colors available in the U.S., I still would have picked the platinum. The only down side to the color silver is there are a ton of silver cars on the road. I also think Mazda did a great job with all their colors - there really isn't a bad one in the bunch.
[/b]
If the speed6 black was a true black and could look like this

I would have been all over it.

Jason

#26 ·
Same here; I love the Velocity Red Mica, but after experiencing the unwelcome attention that my '03 Cobra got from local law enforcement, I opted to go less conspicuous with the speed6.
[/b]
I agree with ManyMazdas, nothing blings better than black when clean and polished. :) However, I'm also in line with the theory of flying under the radar. I like speeding with relative impunity. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.