Mazda 6 Forums banner

Spare Tire

5K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  NoUse4Aname 
#1 ·
The other day i was looking in my trunk at my spare tire and jack just so i know where everything is. Well i don't. I see the tire and i see the jack along with the bar used to jack the car up but i don't see my Crowbar to remove my lugs? Where is this supose to be? Is it somewhere other than the trunk. I am getting my new rims monday and i wanted to make sure i had it all plus i need to paint my calipers. any help would be great. thanks
Ira

*edit* Looked in the manual. Sorry did not think to look there first. Noticed wher it was. Sorry for the stupid quesitons should have looked there first not sure why i did not.

Ira

#2 ·
Don't forget to check the air pressure in your spare about every 4 months or so. You don't want to be changing a tire on the side of the road only to discover your spare is flat, too!

#3 ·
Most people don't check the pressure on the other four tires, so why should they check the spare? ;)

#4 ·
Originally posted by garrick@Apr 30 2005, 02:03 PM
Most people don't check the pressure on the other four tires, so why should they check the spare?  ;)
[snapback]402178[/snapback]​

LOL, so true

#5 ·
Originally posted by toyoguy@Apr 30 2005, 11:30 AM
Don't forget to check the air pressure in your spare about every 4 months or so. You don't want to be changing a tire on the side of the road only to discover your spare is flat, too!
[snapback]402091[/snapback]​

I did not even think of that. Duh thanks for the tip. Appreciated.

#6 ·
Originally posted by garrick@Apr 30 2005, 01:03 PM
Most people don't check the pressure on the other four tires, so why should they check the spare?  ;)
[snapback]402178[/snapback]​
All the more reason I'm bringing it up! ;)

#7 ·
Originally posted by toyoguy@Apr 30 2005, 09:30 AM

I learned this lesson the hard way (but not nearly as hard as it could have been). When the tire blew on my RX-7, the space saver spare in the rear compartment (it's behind the seats in the passenger area) was all but flat.

Also, make sure you have EVERYTHING you need in the kit. We had to improvise a wrench to remove the locking center cap on the wheel.

Fortunately, there was an air pump handy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.