Mazda 6 Forums banner

Ordered new motor mounts hope they're good

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  audiofreak19 
#1 ·
I ordered all three motor mounts from AWR for my 2.3l on the 13th. I hope these are as good as everyone says they are cause after waiting 11 days they are just now being shipped out today. Who knows how long it will take to come to my house. I will post with results I find after getting them and installing them.

#2 ·
From what I remember, AWR takes a while to ship so you should have them pretty soon. Mounts greatly improve shifting and WOT as all the power goes to the ground, but adds vibrations which can be good or bad depending on how you look at it. I love the "raw" feeling that upgraded duro provides.

Reactions: KrisSix
#3 ·
i just ordered mine today. what duro did you get? i sissied out and went with 70 duro.

#4 ·
Even the lower duro will improve things a good bit. Some that get the lower duro wish they got the firmer ones and some that went with the firm ones wish they went softer due to the vibration. The car will feel better in any case, especially on the mtx cars.

I also loved the vibration from firm mounts.

Reactions: Jak and Jjkalai
#5 ·
I went with the 70 only because I wanted it closer to the stock but the better quality mount. I'm hoping it will fix the noise I'm getting with my car now. It still has the oem mounts with 122k on it. So we will see. They were just recieved by ups so it's on its way.

#6 ·
Getting ready to order new ones for my '04. Decided to go with OEM (or similar if NAPA has them cheaper). It's my daughter's car, not interested in stiffer mounts.

How big a deal is it to change them? I've done the mounts on my Miata simply by lifting the engine under the pan to unload the mounts, and then unbolting the old and bolting in the new. Is it pretty much the same on a transverse engine? Mine's the 2.4, and I've already replaced the torque arm underneath.

#8 ·
Getting ready to order new ones for my '04. Decided to go with OEM (or similar if NAPA has them cheaper). It's my daughter's car, not interested in stiffer mounts.

How big a deal is it to change them? I've done the mounts on my Miata simply by lifting the engine under the pan to unload the mounts, and then unbolting the old and bolting in the new. Is it pretty much the same on a transverse engine? Mine's the 2.4, and I've already replaced the torque arm underneath.

I just switched out my right mount and it was easy peasy. Slipped a jack under the engine, unscrewed five bolts, swap, and done.

#9 ·
So I finally got my mounts put on and they perform great while driving but at idle it shakes more than my bad stock motor mounts. I was hoping they just had to be broken in but it's still the same after 200 miles. But o well I guess. Kinda wish I just went with stock ones

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.