got code p2187 but not sure what i should test next - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
Go Back   Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum > Technical / Performance / Model > Mazda 6 1st Generation (2002-2008) > Engine / Drivetrain > 2.3L I-4
New User? Register
Mazda6Club.com is the premier Mazda 6 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2011, 06:03 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default got code p2187 but not sure what i should test next

so i just reciently got the p2187 code. the car seems like its running fine but im not sure what to check. The reason i say im not sure what to check next is cause this past march i replaced the pcv hose that cracked and gave me the same code but it made the engine run really rough. So me and my dad were looking at it and drove it again and the car ran horrible and sounded like it was not fireing on one of the cylinders and it wasnt. we had to replace the coil pack and that fixed it. So then we re set the engine light and i made a 8 hour road trip and the next day after getting back the check engine light came back on with the p2187 code on it. What do you think is wrong now. like i said the car seems to be running fine so i dont think my new pcv hose cracked. I was thinking maybe air leak but i havent tested yet or could it be injector related. O ALso the spark plugs have already been replaced when we did the pcv hose.
audiofreak19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2011, 07:22 PM   #2 (permalink)

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 368 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts

Check for leaks (pressure check intake system)
Replace purge valve solenoid

What mods do you have? (Sry if their in ur sig, I have sigs off...)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using AutoGuide.Com Free

Cobb AP, HKS SSQ BOV, PG Turbo Manifold, Koni Adjustable Shocks, H&R Springs, Magnaflow CBE, test pipe, Denso Iridium Plugs, ETS TMIC, Cobb TI, CP-E CAI, Greddy OCC, AWR Passenger Engine Mount, AWR Transmission Mount, AWR Rear Engine Mount, TT Front Engine Mount, TT Rear Differential forward Mount, SPC Adjustable Ball Joints, Tint, Private NETZ 18x8, VentusEVOv12's

Help me reunite with my kids.
TimEngland is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2011, 07:24 PM   #3 (permalink)

I have the same code.. been chasing it for a while but I'm pretty sure in my case its down to not having my MAF calibrated, as soon as Cobb reopens and they send my accessport ill be able to take care of that.

Oh and try cleaning your MAF. Make sure you use the right spray!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using AutoGuide.Com Free

Cobb AP, HKS SSQ BOV, PG Turbo Manifold, Koni Adjustable Shocks, H&R Springs, Magnaflow CBE, test pipe, Denso Iridium Plugs, ETS TMIC, Cobb TI, CP-E CAI, Greddy OCC, AWR Passenger Engine Mount, AWR Transmission Mount, AWR Rear Engine Mount, TT Front Engine Mount, TT Rear Differential forward Mount, SPC Adjustable Ball Joints, Tint, Private NETZ 18x8, VentusEVOv12's

Old 12-31-2011, 06:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts

yea im starting to think it might be a air leak in one of the hoses around the air box cause my wife told me that when she went to come home the check engine light was off. So it turned off my itself for some reason. the temps been fluctuating here so i wonder if the warmer air caused the hoses or tubes to expand a little bit and fill in the gaps. im gonna pressure check the hoses. you just use throttle body cleaner right.
audiofreak19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2012, 05:07 PM   #5 (permalink)

Temps going up and down will make it all differ just off of the air volume. When its nicer out my fuel trims settle off relatively well and I have no issue with the CEL but once it gets cold again it comes right back because my ltfts skyrocket...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.