Mazda 6 Forums banner

Mazda 6 (2.0) Single Exhaust

10K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Louise 
#1 ·
For those who want to see the 6 with a Single Exhaust.
This is my 6 (2.0) Year 2003. Came from Stock with a Single Exhaust. European model
New models 2006, 2007 come with dual exhaust, similar than 2.3
I have installed the Sport Bumper (Aero)

See less See more
#4 ·
I think is only for aesthetic. My 6 (2.0) have 133hp (Latin America), but the same model came to Europe with 141hp.
Actually the 2.0 come with dual exhaust and 147hp and VVT. Dual Exhaust=More Weight and some aesthetic :yesnod:

#5 ·
QUOTE (SCORPION6 @ Jan 15 2007, 06:50 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=897520
For those who want to see the 6 with a Single Exhaust.
This is my 6 (2.0) Year 2003. Came from Stock with a Single Exhaust. European model
New models 2006, 2007 come with dual exhaust, similar than 2.3
I have installed the Sport Bumper (Aero)

[/b]

It looks really good.
My 6 is just like yours but mine is a wagon.

#6 ·
#7 ·
Hi!
I ve got the Mazda 6 2.0 litre 141 hp Eu model with single exhaust.
I am wondering if i can use the magnaflow catback system for it.
Becuase i have to order it from USA and i can only find a 2.3 litre engine.
I think it fits becuase it looks the same, but will i get any increase in engine power?
Very thankful for your answers!
Ps the magnaflow exhaust system is dual. Guess you know allready :yesnod:

//Mazda6scorpio

#8 ·
Hi, Yeah is because in USA you can only find the 2.3 and 3.0. Both have dual exhaust. European 2.0 version only came with single exhaust (2003, 2004) The newer 2.005 came with 2 exhaust. Yeah Magnaflow work in the 2.0 but maybe the space under the 6 will be a little diferent for the second exhaust.

#9 ·
QUOTE (SCORPION6 @ Nov 22 2009, 11:15 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1618530
Hi, Yeah is because in USA you can only find the 2.3 and 3.0. Both have dual exhaust. European 2.0 version only came with single exhaust (2003, 2004) The newer 2.005 came with 2 exhaust. Yeah Magnaflow work in the 2.0 but maybe the space under the 6 will be a little diferent for the second exhaust.[/b]
Ok thanks! actually there is space for the left muffler as it already has the "hook" you hang the muffler on :)
any suggestions about were i can order this from? it doesnt have to be the magnaflow, just that it fits on
2.3 and (2.0) engine.
I want to ship the stuff to sweden.

Many thanks!

#10 ·
QUOTE (Mazda6scorpion @ Nov 22 2009, 02:56 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1618419
Hi!
I ve got the Mazda 6 2.0 litre 141 hp Eu model with single exhaust.
I am wondering if i can use the magnaflow catback system for it.
Becuase i have to order it from USA and i can only find a 2.3 litre engine.
I think it fits becuase it looks the same, but will i get any increase in engine power?
Very thankful for your answers!
Ps the magnaflow exhaust system is dual. Guess you know allready :yesnod:

//Mazda6scorpio[/b]
Hi

you can use magnaflow witout probelms. I am running magnaflow on my 04 2.0 .also sound good

#11 ·
#12 ·
Hi, I have a 2005 Mazda 6. It came with a dual exhaust and the extension pipe corroded. To save me some money, my mechanic suggested removing one of the mufflers and welding shut the opening of the extension pipe. Is this safe and will there be any consequences to running a single exhaust system instead? Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.