Really need suspension help - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 12:03 AM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
Really need suspension help

I have an 04 6S and have been burning through front tires in months and it is getting really expensive. I have replaced the upper control arms, both lower control arms, both cv axels and the struts but it hasn't helped. I measured today and the toe in toe out is about 1/2 an inch off but based in all my research toe in and out causes mostly even wear but fast wear. My problem is that the inside of both my front tires is shredding fast. I recently lowered my car 2 inches and installed +1/-1 adjustable ball joints to try and help but nothing has changed. Megan racing was the only company out there that offered adjustable control arms that may give me the adjustment I need but they no longer have a single pair any where in the world (I have checked with them more than once). It seems that my last option is to cut and extend my control arms myself to fix the problem unless anyone else has had this problem and found a fix. I know my car is 15 years old but I guess no one out there would be a Mazda6 guy like me.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 11:33 AM

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 258 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
I would first start with an alignment. The measurements are tricky to do without the proper tools available on an alignment rack.

Alex
2004 6s Wagon MTX - grocery hauler
---}
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
{---

MODS: Tinted windows, RX8s with 225/45 R18s,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, and
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page