Mazda 6 Forums banner

04 6wagon - Rockauto "car of the month"

5K views 39 replies 11 participants last post by  98se5speed 
#1 · (Edited)
Kinda forgot that I sent an email to Rockauto a while ago to "share my car story." Then today, I order a couple brake caliper piston seals and the confirmation page has a familiar car at the top. Got a kick out of that.

My little "rebuild story" is in their monthly newsletter too.
RockAuto March Newsletter | Early Edition

See less See more
#3 ·
HAH! I should write in there, 1/2 my car is Rock auto, lol.

Nice one, congrats!

Reactions: 98se5speed
#4 ·
Thanks. I asked about whether or not my car will become a magnet, I got this back:

"Hello James,
You have a nice car with a great story, so it was just a matter of time until it was featured.
Your car is on the "short list" of candidates for a magnet. If it is selected, we would certainly send you a bunch of magnets."

And if you can't tell, I scored some Ford Fusion front calipers from the junkyard recently. Figure I'll put new seals in them before they go on the car.

#12 ·
Your car is on the "short list" of candidates for a magnet. If it is selected, we would certainly send you a bunch of magnets.
Let us know if it goes to magnet! I want to get one for my fridge!

#8 ·
I knew that wagon looked familiar when I got their email newsletter!

Congrats! That's a great honor to receive. And I bet it raised your resale value a little bit also... :)

#11 ·
Wow, awesome story and great to see Rock Auto recognized it. Thoroughly enjoyed reading the story and don't forget us now that you're famous!
Ha, I will certainly try to keep my head from swelling up too much!

#17 ·
I wonder how it goes with magnets, if they randomly grab from a bunch of choices to throw into each order, or if for a certain period of time, they only send out 1 magnet. I'll post here if I get any more info from the admin at RockAuto.

Just got my brake caliper seals and also got an email telling me they arrived. Amusing to get a notification that parts have arrived, and they're actually for the car in the email banner.

#23 ·
I have wondered about this as well. I recently ordered over a grand in parts and received them in 7 different shipments. There were 4 different orders (I know but stuff comes up when you are in the middle of the job). I received a total of one magnet.
On a side not I had to stop using Rockauto.com after 15 years because they do this "verified by Visa" thing and it no longer lets me purchase through them. Still great for part numbers, then its amazon prime (and a small premium). Too bad. I really liked RA

#19 ·
I saw this too when I opened my email from rock auto. I was very excit d to read your story because I'm about to get a 2004 Mazda6 wagon 3.0 v6 with 134 and have a few questions. I hope you can help me once I'm allowed to start my own thread :)

I've been reading a bunch about this car and hope to get the wagon running soon without having to replace the engine like you.

#20 ·
Congrats on your pending purchase and welcome to the forum.

What's the story on this car you're buying? Not running? Hopefully something simple, but as someone who has owned 2 different 04 6wagons with about 134k on them and both needed new engines, I'm not all that optimistic for you! Let's hope I'm wrong.

#24 ·
DrFeelGood said:
I have wondered about this as well. I recently ordered over a grand in parts and received them in 7 different shipments. There were 4 different orders (I know but stuff comes up when you are in the middle of the job). I received a total of one magnet.
On a side not I had to stop using Rockauto.com after 15 years because they do this "verified by Visa" thing and it no longer lets me purchase through them. Still great for part numbers, then its amazon prime (and a small premium). Too bad. I really liked RA
So what is this "verified by Visa" situation? They flag you as a scammer or something, now you're banned? Never heard of something like this.

#25 ·
I haven't scammed a thing in my life, bad karma and that always comes back around. I think there is a difference if I log into RA or transact as a guest. I believe I only get it if I log in (seems counter intuitive). I have celled RA about this and they "have nothing to do with that service". In past attempts I have been able to bypass with a click past but now can't. I will attach the screenshot of the service and would be a bit surprised if no one else has encountered this before. When I call Visa I am connected to whichever service center of the moment and frequently cannot communicate with the individual or when communication is established they claim technical difficulties. Anyhoo, first world problem, I realize.

Attachments

#26 ·
I hope you didn't think I was suggesting you were pulling any scams, just asking if you had somehow been wrongly flagged as a scammer.

I guess I always pay for RockAuto with PayPal, so I've never seen that Visa thing. I feel like I've seen it on other sites before, but it has been a long time.

#30 ·
Just got this image from my wife:

When asked "how many did I get", she simply replied "a lot."

If anyone wants one, PM or email me your address. Feel free to send a "friends and family" donation via PayPal (jamisonjon@gmail.com) if you feel inclined to cover the postage cost.

#33 ·
Hmmm, must be something with Google's image hosting and permissions. I know I have my "6wagon build" album set to public, so it's confusing why they wouldn't be displayed. They display fine in this thread for me.

As a test, can you access this album and see the images?
https://goo.gl/photos/hcBY661QsqNE4FF79

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.